A Designated REALTOR® must have an active Texas Real Estate Broker License or Texas State Certified Appraiser Certificate and no current or pending bankruptcy. Fully complete application and return to CCAR.
I do hereby request and authorize, any person or persons to furnish any information and to answer all questions asked concerning my credit worthiness or moral character in connection with this application and I agree that any information and comment furnished to the Association by any member or other person in response to any such invitation shall be conclusively deemed to be privileged and not form the basis of any action by me for slander, libel or defamation of character.
The foregoing facts and statements are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I hereby apply for Designated REALTOR® membership in the Collin County Association of REALTORS® Inc., (CCAR). In the event my application is approved, I agree as a condition to membership to complete the indoctrination course, if any, and otherwise on my own initiative to thoroughly familiarize myself with the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS®, including the duty to arbitrate business disputes in accordance with the Code of Ethics and Arbitration Manual of the Association and the Constitution, Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations of the Collin County Association, the Texas Association and the National Association. I further agree that my act of paying dues shall evidence my initial and continuing commitment to abide by the aforementioned Code of Ethics, Constitutions, Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and duty to arbitrate, all as from time-to-time amended.
Please Note: Applicant acknowledges that if accepted as a Member and he/she subsequently resigns or is expelled from membership in the Association with an ethics complaint or arbitration request pending, the Board of Directors may condition renewal of membership upon applicant’s verification that he/she will submit to the pending ethics or arbitration proceeding and will abide by the decision of the Hearing Panel; or if applicant resigns or is expelled from membership without having complied with an award in arbitration, the Board of Directors may condition renewal of membership upon his/her payment of the award, plus any costs that have been established previously as due and payable in relation thereto, provided that the award and such costs have not, in the interim, been otherwise satisfied.
Please Note: Dues payments to the Collin County Association of REALTORS® are not tax deductible as charitable contributions. Portions of such payments may be tax deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses. A portion of your dues that is spent for lobbying the state or federal government is not deductible for income taxes. I further understand subscription fees to the Texas REALTOR® and Today’s REALTOR® magazines are included in my dues payment. I understand dues payments are not refundable.
I agree, if my membership is approved as a Designated REALTOR® of CCAR, I will pay the prescribed dues and fees in accordance with the Bylaws of the Association, from time-to-time in effect. I agree to assume responsibility of reporting, in writing, all names of persons to CCAR, within thirty days, who become licensed with me as an employee or affiliated with me as an independent contractor (see question five above).
I further acknowledge that I am aware of the zoning ordinances effecting my office location(s) and acknowledge that my current and/or future office location(s) will be in compliance.
If this application is withdrawn prior to the first available orientation, a $100 processing fee will be deducted from the $300 application fee before a refund is made. If a withdrawal request is made after the first available orientation, no refund will be made of dues or application fee. The applicant must make all requests for withdrawals and/or refunds of application fees in writing. If applicable, all REALTOR® member applicants are required to attend the orientation within 60 days or two orientation offerings. Services are subject to the attendance of orientation and approval of the Board of Directors.
“This contract is subject to arbitration under the Texas General Arbitration Act”.
I hereby certify that the foregoing information furnished by me is true and correct, and I agree that failure to provide complete and accurate information as requested, or any misstatement of fact, may be grounds for revocation of my membership if granted.
THIS AGREEMENT is made and entered into by the undersigned party ("Participant") in conjunction with Participant’s Application for MLS service from NTREIS, through the local MLS provider.
FOR AND IN CONSIDERATION of the privileges of service from NTREIS, the benefits to be derived by the Participant, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, upon acceptance of the Application of the Participant, the Participant agrees as follows:
1. Participant acknowledges that Participant has read all Rules and Regulations of the MLS and of the National Association of REALTORS® (“NAR"), understands such Rules and Regulations, and agrees to observe, comply with, and uphold the Rules and Regulations so long as Participant is a member of the MLS.
2. Participant covenants and agrees that, for every listing of property filed with the MLS, Participant will obtain a written listing agreement from the owner or owners of the property, which listing agreement will provide:
(a) a good and sufficient legal description of the property;
(b) that the listing broker on the property has either an exclusive right to sell or lease the property, or that the listing broker is appointed as the exclusive agent of the owner for the sale or lease of the property,
(c) for the listing broker to make blanket unilateral offers of cooperation and compensation to all other participants in the MLS; and
(d) authorization for the listing broker to submit statistical information to the MLS after the property is sold or exchanged, including, but not limited to, the true sales price, whether the sale was for cash or financed by the owner,and, in the event of an exchange, the value allocated to the property by the parties to the exchange transaction.
3. Participant agrees to retain in Participant's files an executed copy of the listing agreement for a period of 365 days after the date on which the property is sold or the date on which the listing for the property is terminated, whichever is later.
4. Participant covenants and agrees, with respect to each listing of property filed with the MLS by Participant, to complete a profile sheet on a form made available by the MLS. By filing the information concerning each listing with the MLS by Participant, Participant warrants and represents to the MLS that Participant has obtained a written listing agreement described in paragraph 2 and a duly completed profile sheet containing the information required by the MLS. Participant agrees to retain in Participant's files each of the profile sheets for a period of 365 days after the date on which the property is sold or the date on which the listing for the property is terminated, whichever occurs later.
5. Participant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless NTREIS, the local MLS provider, and all other participants of the MLS of and from any and all claims, causes of action, damages, losses or injuries sustained as a result of the failure of Participant to comply with the terms and provisions of this Agreement or of the Rules and Regulations of the MLS, as amended from time to time. The indemnification provisions of this paragraph shall survive any resignation or termination of service from NTREIS by Participant. Participant acknowledges that all data included in the MLS system belongs to and is owned by NTREIS.
6. I hereby authorize representatives of NTREIS and/or the local MLS provider to request information concerning my creditworthiness in connection with this Application.
7. I agree that as a condition of my participation in NTREIS, through the local MLS provider, to complete the orientation course(s) as prescribed by NTREIS.