Location: CCAR Banquet Room - Front
Address: 6821 Coit Road Plano, TX 75024
Additional Info: Download
EXPAND YOUR BUSINESS TO HELP VETERANS
Want to know how to:
• Become a Participating Real Estate Professional with the Veterans Land board;
• Expand your business to veterans; and
• Learn more about low interest loans for veterans?
Veterans Land Board/VA-Partners for Texas Veterans is a three-hour CE class designed to help real estate professionals understand the basics of the Veterans Land Board (VLB) housing, land and home improvement loan programs, as well as the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) home loan guaranty program. Attendees will gain a comprehension of veteran eligibility for all programs, as well as general underwriting criteria. Agents who take this course will also learn how to market to veterans in their area and enhance their overall business. Most veterans are either unaware or misinformed regarding their federal and state benefits. This course will provide agents with the knowledge to separate themselves from others who are not knowledgeable about low interest loans for veterans.
CE: 3 Hours
PROVIDER: Texas REALTORS®, #0001
COURSE #: 34568
About the Instructor, Tamara Tapman—Instructor #2509
Tapman is a military veteran’s community representative and certified TREC instructor. As the former Mortgage Lender Liaison and Branch Manager at the Texas Veterans Land Board for more than two decades, Tapman has been a devoted military advocate, helping veterans to take advantage of their benefits and obtain low-interest home loans. Tapman was instrumental in developing innovative ways for real estate agents and mortgage lenders to build and increase their veterans-based book of business. She initiated a direct mail program, a Veterans Housing Assistance (VHAP) class for loan originators, and a one-hour Texas Vet MCE class for real estate professionals. Her team increased VHAP loan volume by 300%. As the VA Mortgage Liaison for SWBC Mortgage, Tapman teaches accredited Texas Vet and VA MCE training programs for employees and real estate partners throughout the country.
CCAR Cancellation and Class Attendance Policy
- Pre-registration with a debit/credit card is required.
- To avoid a $50 no-show fee, class cancellation must occur no later than 48 hours prior to class start time. Either log into your account at ccar.net and cancel, or email a cancellation request to [email protected]; phone calls will not suffice.
- A $50 no-show fee will apply if the attendee do not attend class or arrive after the instructor has begun teaching. Late arrivals will not receive CE credit, and upon, the Director’s discretion, may not be allowed to attend class to prevent disruption to other students.
- For non-CCAR members, class cancellation must occur no later than 48 hours prior to class start time for a full refund. Either log into your account at ccar.net and cancel, or email a cancellation request to [email protected]; phone calls will not suffice.
- To be counted in attendance and receive TREC credit for applicable courses, CE credit is only given if the attendee is present for the total hours approved for the class. Partial credit is not given to the student if any of the class is missed (TREC, 535-72A), as acknowledged by CCAR’s Policy & Procedures Manual, Exhibit 4, which will be presented and signed during CE classes.
- Absences due to illness, death in the family, and other major emergencies are the only exceptions to this policy and must be supported by documentation submitted to the Professional Development Director at [email protected] within three days of the class start date.