Location: CCAR Banquet Room - All
Address: 6821 Coit Road Plano, TX 75024
Getting Title to a Home: A Primer of Deeds
Instructor: Sean Clemmensen
A deed is a written document that conveys legal title to real property. It is different from a promissory note or a real estate lien note, which is a promise to pay a sum of money to a lender; and a deed of trust, which provides a lender with remedies, including foreclosure, if a borrower defaults on a note. These three documents are the three principal documents in most Texas real estate transactions.
There is no “standard form” for a deed. Texas does have, however, certain rules that apply if a deed is to be valid. For example, the intent to convey property must be clear from the wording; the property must be adequately described; and the deed must be signed and acknowledged by the grantor. This class addresses the deeds commonly used in Texas.
Professional Development Class Attendance Policy
- Pre-registration with a debit/credit card is required.
- To avoid a $50 no-show fee, class cancellation must occur no later than 48 hours prior to class start time. Either log into your account at ccar.net and cancel, or email a cancellation request to [email protected]; phone calls will not suffice.
- A $50 no-show fee will apply if the attendee do not attend class or arrive after the instructor has begun teaching. Late arrivals will not receive CE credit, and upon, the Director’s discretion, may not be allowed to attend class to prevent disruption to other students.
- To be counted in attendance and receive TREC credit for applicable courses, CE credit is only given if the attendee is present for the total hours approved for the class. Partial credit is not given to the student if any of the class is missed (TREC, 535-72A), as acknowledged by CCAR’s Policy & Procedures Manual, Exhibit 4, which will be presented and signed during CE classes.
- Absences due to illness, death in the family, and other major emergencies are the only exceptions to this policy and must be supported by documentation submitted to the Professional Development Director at [email protected] within three days of the class start date.