Location: Online (Zoom)
Address: Null, TX N
Please note this is a broadcast class.
Prior to the class, registrants will receive an email with instructions on how to join the class online via Zoom. To participate in the class, a registrant must have a Web camera so that that the instructor can see them for the entire length of the class. For CE credit classes, attendees must be in front of the camera the entire length of the class to receive credit. Attendees will be asked to hold their ID up to the camera, so that their identity can be confirmed for TREC credit. CCAR will send attendees the TREC completion roster to sign electronically.
Course #: 37385 Provider #: 0001, Texas REALTORS® Hours: 2 CE
Cost: $20 for CCAR and non-CCAR members
Instructor: Sharon Jenkins
This course will focus on understanding the real estate agent’s role during the closing process and how to best assist the client. It will also discuss things that can happen between the time the offer is written and time of closing. Topics of discussion include:
- title insurance theory and practice
- how to read a title commitment
- how to read a HUD-1
- what documents their clients sign at closing
- how to build quality business relationships with title companies.
The agent will learn to ask the right closing questions to help buyers and sellers through the closing process with confidence by allowing clients to be the decision makers. He or she will learn to implement proven best practices for successfully closing more transactions by properly preparing clients each step of the way during the home buying process.
- Pre-registration with a debit/credit card is required.
- For a full refund, class cancellation must occur no later than 48 hours prior to class start time. Either log into your account at ccar.net and cancel, or email a cancellation request to [email protected]; phone calls will not suffice.
- Refunds will not be issued for requests received less than 48 hours prior to the class start.
- To be counted in attendance and receive TREC credit for applicable courses, CE credit is only given if the attendee is present for the total hours approved for the class. Partial credit is not given to the student if any of the class is missed, as acknowledged by CCAR’s Policy & Procedures Manual, Exhibit 4, which will be presented and signed during CE classes.
- Those who arrive after the class start time will not receive CE credit and upon, the Director’s discretion, may not be allowed to stay to prevent disruption to other students. The class registration fee will be forfeited if the attendee is a no-show or are tardy to class.
- Absences due to illness, death in the family, and other major emergencies are the only exceptions to this policy and must be supported by documentation submitted to the Professional Development Director at [email protected] within three days of the class start date.
- Transferring of funds from one class to another is not allowed.