Location: CCAR Banquet Room - All
Address: 6821 Coit Road Plano, TX 75024
Dying Without a Will: The Texas Two-Step Solution to Sell
If a person dies without a will, and the deed to the property does not expressly include joint tenancy with survivorship language, then issues arise as to which persons have title to that property. This property is regularly referred to as “heirship property.” “Heirship property” is basically unsellable as it is, and a title company will not issue title insurance until heirship issues are handled and resolved. In this one-hour course, discover what the two-step solution is to curing title of heirship issues.
COST: Free to CCAR members; $15 for Non-CCAR members
Provider #: 9961, Tiago Title
Instructor: Sean Clemmensen
Professional Development Attendance Policy:
- Pre-registration with a debit/credit card is required.
- To avoid a $50 no-show fee, class cancellation must occur no later than 48 hours prior to class start time. Either log into your account at ccar.net and cancel, or email a cancellation request to [email protected]; phone calls will not suffice.
- A $50 no-show fee will apply if the attendee do not attend class or arrive after the instructor has begun teaching. Late arrivals will not receive CE credit, and upon, the Director’s discretion, may not be allowed to attend class to prevent disruption to other students.
- To be counted in attendance and receive TREC credit for applicable courses, CE credit is only given if the attendee is present for the total hours approved for the class. Partial credit is not given to the student if any of the class is missed (TREC, 535-72A), as acknowledged by CCAR’s Policy & Procedures Manual, Exhibit 4, which will be presented and signed during CE classes.
- Absences due to illness, death in the family, and other major emergencies are the only exceptions to this policy and must be supported by documentation submitted to the Professional Development Director at [email protected] within three days of the class start date.