Location: CCAR Banquet Room - All
Address: 6821 Coit Road Plano, TX 75024
Enhanced Communication: Use of Verbal and Nonverbal Skills
Course #: 37777 Provider #: 10369, inFocus Communication Training Hours: 2 CE
Cost: $30 for CCAR members and non-members
All verbal and nonverbal behaviors– the words used, the gestures made, the way one sits, how fast or how loud a person talks, how close people stand, how much eye contact is made– all send strong messages. An effective communicator uses their communication skills to gather information they need to achieve their goals and communicate their intentions efficiently and effectively.
This course provides detailed information as to how hostage negotiators, trial attorneys, and crisis counselors use specific methods to more quickly build a trusting and professional rapport in very difficult circumstances. Agents will learn how these techniques can be used in a practical and positive manner in a professional, social, or personal circumstance.
* Communication Differences in Men and Women (and why it matters)
* Common Traits of Those with Confidence, Charm, and Charisma
* 6 Hand Gestures You Should Be Using
* How to Disagree Without Making Enemies (through use of body language)
* Nonverbal and Body Language Habits to Use and Those to Avoid
* Practical Applications in Business and Social Settings
- Pre-registration with a debit/credit card is required.
- For a full refund, class cancellation must occur no later than 48 hours prior to class start time. Either log into your account at ccar.net and cancel, or email a cancellation request to [email protected]; phone calls will not suffice.
- Refunds will not be issued for requests received less than 48 hours prior to the class start.
- To be counted in attendance and receive TREC credit for applicable courses, CE credit is only given if the attendee is present for the total hours approved for the class. Partial credit is not given to the student if any of the class is missed, as acknowledged by CCAR’s Policy & Procedures Manual, Exhibit 4, which will be presented and signed during CE classes.
- Those who arrive after the class start time will not receive CE credit and upon, the Director’s discretion, may not be allowed to stay to prevent disruption to other students. The class registration fee will be forfeited if the attendee is a no-show or are tardy to class.
- Absences due to illness, death in the family, and other major emergencies are the only exceptions to this policy and must be supported by documentation submitted to the Professional Development Director at [email protected] within three days of the class start date.
- Transferring of funds from one class to another is not allowed.