Location: Online (Zoom)
Address: Null, TX N
Course #: 34773 Provider #: 0298, CCAR Hours: 2 CE
Prior to the class, registrants will receive an email with instructions on how to join the class online via Zoom. To participate in the class, a registrant must have a Web camera so that that the instructor can see them for the entire length of the class. For CE credit classes, attendees must be in front of the camera the entire length of the class to receive credit. Attendees will be asked to hold their ID up to the camera, so that their identity can be confirmed for TREC credit. CCAR will send attendees the TREC completion roster to sign electronically.
Instructor: Heather Anderson
This is a Bring-Your-Own-Device class.
*Attendees must bring a fully-charged laptop or tablet devices, as well as their chargers.*
This two-hour, hands-on course is designed for beginning QuickBooks users who want to get the most from the accounting software. Attendees will be able to identify various parts of the screen once they set up their account and learn how to enter payments, deposits, and pay business-related bills. Topics covered will include initial setup; creating charts and analyzing financial data; structuring subcontractors and 1099’s; and more.
Students will learn how to:
• Set up their account based on their business structure
• Set up and link their bank and credit card accounts
• Enter sales and invoices
• Create customized forms
• Classify expenses based on various categories they set up
• Set up guidelines for automating their bookkeeping
• Organize and track their receipts
Participants should have basic computer skills. Quickbooks (preferably Quickbooks Plus Plan for the most robust access) should already be installed on your device (computer and/or app for maximum workshop compatibility). Tablets and laptops are recommended; please bring your smart phones.
- Pre-registration with a debit/credit card is required.
- To avoid a $50 no-show fee, class cancellation must occur no later than 48 hours prior to class start time. Either log into your account at ccar.net and cancel, or email a cancellation request to [email protected]; phone calls will not suffice.
- A $50 no-show fee will apply if the attendee do not attend class or arrive after the instructor has begun teaching. Late arrivals will not receive CE credit, and upon, the Director’s discretion, may not be allowed to attend class to prevent disruption to other students.
- To be counted in attendance and receive TREC credit for applicable courses, CE credit is only given if the attendee is present for the total hours approved for the class. Partial credit is not given to the student if any of the class is missed, as acknowledged by CCAR’s Policy & Procedures Manual, Exhibit 4, which will be presented and signed during CE classes.
- Absences due to illness, death in the family, and other major emergencies are the only exceptions to this policy and must be supported by documentation submitted to the Professional Development Director at [email protected] within three days of the class start date.