Location: CCAR Banquet Room - All
Address: 6821 Coit Road Plano, TX 75024
SRES® “Seniors Real Estate Specialist” Designation
SRES® is the only designation and marketing program specifically designed to serve senior property owners ages 55 and older. Nearly four out of 10 property owners who are more than 65 years old have lived in the same home for more than 30 years. Nevertheless, unexpected events such as illness or the inability to care for their property may force senior citizens to move from their homes. In fact, it has been estimated that three million seniors will move in the next two years. Increasingly, seniors are looking for specialists to ease their transition from a long-time residence into their next home. The Senior Real Estate Specialist designation is one of the fastest growing designations in the nation. In just three years, it has become the sixth largest designation for REALTORS®. The goal of the SRES® designation is to equip REALTORS® to help seniors make wise decisions about selling the family home, age appropriate financing, buying rental property, and managing capital gains and tax implications of owning real estate.
Dates and Time: Monday and Tuesday, Oct. 28-29, 2019; 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Location:6821 Coit Rd, Plano TX 75024
Cost: $200 before the deadline and $225 after for CCAR members; $225 before the deadline and $250 after for non-members
CE: 16 hours
Instructor: Don Cook
Cancellation and class attendance policy:
- Pre-registration with a debit/credit card is required.
- For a full refund, cancellation must be received no later than seven (7) days prior to the beginning class date. Either log into your account at ccar.net and cancel, or email a cancellation request to [email protected]; phone calls will not suffice.
- If the attendee notifies CCAR at least 48 hours prior to the class, the attendee can reschedule and transfer the fee to a future class. In this case, the attendee has one year from the original class start date to register for the same designation or certification course. If the class is not rescheduled within a year of the start date, the course fee is forfeited.
- To be counted in attendance and receive TREC credit for applicable courses, CE credit is only given if the attendee is present for the total hours approved for the class. Partial credit is not given to the student if any of the class is missed (TREC, 535-72A), as acknowledged by CCAR’s Policy & Procedures Manual, Exhibit 4, which will be presented and signed during CE classes.
- If the attendee is unable to complete the course in its entirety due to circumstances outside his/her control, please note that the makeup and reschedule policy will default to Texas REALTOR’s, NAR’s, or the provider’s policy.
- Refunds will not be issued for requests received less than seven (7) days prior to the class start. Absences due to illness, death in the family, and other major emergencies are the only exceptions to this policy and must be supported by documentation submitted to the Professional Development Director at [email protected] within three days of the class start date.