Location: CCAR Banquet Room - All
Address: 6821 Coit Road Plano, TX 75024
Texas Residential Leasing Specialist – TRLS
Provider: Texas REALTORS, #0001
Instructor: Stephen Etzel
CE: 12 CE hours
The TRLS Certification requires completion of all four three-hour leasing education courses. You must be a member of the Texas REALTORS® to earn the TRLS Certification.
The Essentials of Residential Leasing (Course #34744, 3 CE hours)
It’s important to become knowledgeable about the laws and duties imposed on property managers and leasing agents. This course will analyze and interpret factors impacting local rents, define owner objectives, and discuss development of effective owner communications. The course will also cover how to properly complete and present the TAR Residential Lease application.
The TAR Residential Lease Agreement (Course #34746, 3 CE hours)
This is a step-by-step course taking members through the Residential Lease agreement and selected addenda so that they will develop competency in preparing each paragraph. The purpose of this course is to show the use and relevance of various TAR lease forms along with other leasing and property management issues.
Agency Issues Impacting Property Managers and Leasing Agents (Course #34745, 3 CE hours)
The intent of this course is to aid real estate practitioners engaged in the management and leasing of residential rental properties when they are establishing agency relationships. The licensee will learn more about the rules of representation as they relate to leasing and property management and be able to match the TAR Code of Ethics to agency relationships.
Marketing and Leasing Residential Properties (Course #34747, 3 CE hours)
Professional Development Class/Event Class Attendance Policy
- Pre-registration with a debit/credit card is required.
- For a full refund, cancellation must be received no later than seven (7) days prior to the beginning class date. Either log into your account at ccar.net and cancel, or email a cancellation request to [email protected]; phone calls will not suffice.
- If the attendee notifies CCAR at least 48 hours prior to the class, the attendee can reschedule and transfer the fee to a future class. In this case, the attendee has one year from the original class start date to register for the same designation or certification course. If the class is not rescheduled within a year of the start date, the course fee is forfeited.
- To be counted in attendance and receive TREC credit for applicable courses, CE credit is only given if the attendee is present for the total hours approved for the class. Partial credit is not given to the student if any of the class is missed (TREC, 535-72A), as acknowledged by CCAR’s Policy & Procedures Manual, Exhibit 4, which will be presented and signed during CE classes.
- If the attendee is unable to complete the course in its entirety due to circumstances outside his/her control, please note that the makeup and reschedule policy will default to Texas REALTOR’s, NAR’s, or the provider’s policy.
- Refunds will not be issued for requests received less than seven (7) days prior to the class start. Absences due to illness, death in the family, and other major emergencies are the only exceptions to this policy and must be supported by documentation submitted to the Professional Development Director at [email protected] within three days of the class start date.