There are a number of unique volunteer positions currently accepting applications, is one right for you?
Take a moment to review the open positions below, then email Deb Garen at [email protected] by Nov. 20, 2019 to apply.
Texas Association of REALTORS® (TAR)/Texas REALTORS® Regional Vice Presidents
The Regional Vice Presidents are part of the Executive Board that manages all of the association’s affairs except those requiring approval by the Board of Directors.
- To be eligible for their election as a Regional Vice President, the individual must be a primary REALTOR® member in good standing with their local association in that region and must be nominated by the TAR/Texas REALTORS® Nominating Committee or a majority of the elected directors in that region.
- Regional Vice Presidents are required to have served on a Texas REALTORS® committee, task force, or on the Board of Directors in the past three years.
- The Collin County Association of REALTORS® Leadership Strategy Team will recommend a candidate for Regional Vice President(s) to TAR/Texas REALTORS® Nominating Committee.
- The TAR/Texas REALTORS® Board of Directors will elect the Regional Vice Presidents. During the Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting, the TAR/Texas REALTORS® Nominating Committee will recommend to the Executive Board and Board of Directors a slate of TAR/Texas REALTORS® Regional Vice Presidents for consideration.
- The two-year term begins on December 1 the year following the election and installation. With the exception of the single association regions, Regional Vice Presidents may not serve more than two (2), full consecutive two-year (2) terms.
Collin County Association of REALTORS® (CCAR) Leadership Strategy Team (LST)
The purpose of the Leadership Strategy Team (LST) is to ensure that the Collin County Association of REALTORS® is fostering and developing new talent for the local, state and national levels. Members serving on the LST have been involved at these high levels and have experience with the strategy needed to get our members engaged and plugged in.
The LST reviews and makes recommendations regarding local individuals who are qualified and willing to serve in leadership positions at TAR/Texas REALTORS® and/or NAR. It ensures that CCAR continues to operate smoothly during transitions of state and federal organizational leadership changes.
Selection and Composition of the Leadership Strategy Team:
- The CCAR Executive Committee shall appoint the LST and its Chair and Vice Chair by the August CCAR Board of Directors meeting. A member’s LST term begins January 1 of the year following appointment.
- The LST shall be comprised of CCAR members who have completed any of the following:
- Served on a TAR/Texas REALTORS® or NAR Committee for at least four (4) years out of the last six (6) years.
- Been a TAR/Texas REALTORS® or NAR Committee Chair.
- Served on the TAR/Texas REALTORS® or NAR Leadership Team as defined by TAR/NAR
- Completed at least one (1) full term in any leadership position, for which the LST may recommend candidates.
- The LST must not exceed eleven (11) appointed members who serve a one-year (1) term and all of whom may vote.
Reason for disqualification: Any member of the LST shall be disqualified from interviewing and voting for a particular position if the team member meets any of the following:
- Is related by blood or marriage to the candidate(s).
- Currently has, or has had, an employer/employee relationship with the candidate(s).
- Is a party to or witness in any pending case involving the candidate(s).
- Knows of any reason that may prevent the member from rendering an impartial judgment.
- Is serving on the Credentialing Committee.
- Is a member of the Executive Committee
Collin County Association of REALTORS® (CCAR) Credentialing Committee
The Credentialing Committee reviews each application to ensure that each applicant meets the minimum requirements to hold the position for which they are applying.
Credentialing Committee members shall not be eligible as nominees for a TAR/Texas REALTORS® or NAR position, for an Association Director or Officer position, nor the Nominating Committee, while serving on the committee. Members of the Credentialing Committee may not resign from the committee and subsequently be nominated to a TAR/Texas REALTORS® or NAR position.
Collin County Association of REALTORS® (CCAR) Investment Advisory Committee (IAC)
The mission statement of the IAC is to consult and advise the Budget and Finance Committee and Board of Directors (BOD) on asset management, investments, and investment related issues with an intent to generate financial returns to ensure CCAR’s financial stability. The IAC is expected to work closely with the Budget and Finance Committee in an advisory capacity to ensure that investment perspectives are effectively communicated to the Budget and Finance Committee and BOD on a timely basis in connection with the development and evaluation of the current state, vision, positioning, and future of CCAR’s investments and assets.
The five (5) IAC members will be appointed by the CCAR Executive Committee.