Just like Texas REALTORS® Regional Vice Presidents and TREPAC Trustees, the Political Involvement Committee (PIC) is a part of the Texas REALTORS® regional leadership structure—and local input is critical. Although every region has different needs, PIC members are generally charged with helping increase REALTOR® advocacy and grassroots participation.
PIC members are eligible for two consecutive two-year terms. The Region 4 PIC position is up for the 2021 year.
- Organizing REALTOR® support for Opportunity Race candidates
- Assisting local boards with candidate interviews
- Speaking to local membership meetings, committees, Texas REALTORS® meetings, TREPAC events, etc.
- Giving updates on government affairs efforts (elections, legislation, grassroots, etc.)
- Identifying local REALTORS® who serve as elected officials
- Providing grassroots support for Issues Mobilization campaigns
- Increasing participation in Calls for Action
- Promoting REALTOR® Day at the Texas Capitol, Texas REALTORS® Candidate Academy, and other grassroots programs