Election Day: Tuesday, November 3
Early Voting Dates: October 13-30
The 2020 General Election is November 3. Please keep in mind that the general election consists of offices at the local, state, and federal levels. There are three main differences this November:
1) There is no straight ticket party voting.
In 2017, the state legislature passed law that eliminated straight ticket voting (the ability to vote for all party candidates on the ballot with one check). November 2020 is the first election where straight ticket voting is eliminated, therefore requiring all voters to go through the ballot and individually vote for each seat.
2) Municipal elections are on the ballot because they were postponed due to COVID-19.
Unusual for the 2020 general election is that municipal elections (non-partisan) will also be on the 2020 general election ballots. Therefore, when voting, remember to take note of the non-partisan candidates that are at the end of the ballot.
3) During early voting you may vote anywhere in the county of which you reside for your local municipal elections.
During early voting you may vote at any location in the county for all elections, this includes your local municipal elections. You do not have to vote in the city in which you live to vote for your council races (this only occurs during early voting and you must vote at your precinct on election day). Following is the pertinent voting information:
RPAC proudly supports these candidates in the 2020 General Election in the Collin County area. RPAC only supports federal candidates for office in Texas.
State and Local Candidates
TREPAC proudly supports these candidates in the 2020 General Election in the Collin County area. TREPAC only supports state and local candidates for office. For more information, to download a complete list of state candidates supported by TREPAC, or your personalized voter guide, visit TexasRealtorsSupport.com
Contributions to the Texas REALTORS® Political Action Committee (TREPAC) and the Texas Association of REALTORS® Federal Political Action Committee (TAR FedPAC)—which makes contributions to the REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC)—are not tax deductible. Such contributions are voluntary and may be used for political purposes. The amount indicated is merely a guideline, and you may contribute more or less than the suggested amount. You may refuse to contribute without reprisal, and the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®, Texas REALTORS®, and its local associations will not favor or disadvantage anyone because of the amount contributed. Until the RPAC annual goal is met, 70% of an individual’s contribution goes to TREPAC and may be used to support state and local candidates; the remaining 30% is sent to TAR FedPAC to support federal candidates and is charged against your limits under 52 U.S.C. 30116. After the RPAC annual goal is met, 100% of an individual’s contribution goes to TREPAC and may be used to support state and local candidates. You may contact the Texas REALTORS® political committee administrator at 800-873-9155 to obtain information about your contributions.