What happens when a refrigerator of food spoils from lost power and a family can't afford to replace it? Where do North Texas non-profits get funding to continue to care for the community?
One place funding can be found and refrigerators filled is the North Texas REALTORS® in Action Foundation (NTRIAF). NTRIAF is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization created by the Collin County Association of REALTORS® that provides the resources needed to implement outreach programs in our surrounding communities through charitable donations, volunteer work, education, and charitable housing initiatives.
"The Foundation exists to supplement the efforts of our REALTORS® in aiding, loving, and caring for our neighbors," explains Brandon Hern, NTRIAF President. "Our community looks to REALTORS® and real estate professionals as social leaders, and we are subject matter experts for our community. We know where the needs are."
When CCAR members give to the foundation on NTX Giving Day or any other day, the money goes straight back into the community.
"I would love to see CCAR members out in the community, developing relationships with our neighbors through acts of service, but acts of service cannot happen without funding. At NTRIAF, money doesn't sit in a bank account, it goes out to our clients who can't eat because all of their food is spoiled. REALTORS® really do care, and NTRIAF makes sure our community knows that," said Hern.
Thanks to the support CCAR members have shown, NTRIAF has been able to serve our community since 2015. In 2021 alone, NTRIAF has:
- Distributed $27,750 in winter storm financial assistance to 13 members of our community.
- Donated over $1,000 in sleeping bags to the Salvation Army.
- Delivered four pallets of water to the North Texas Food Bank and Minnie’s Food Pantry.
- Donated $2,000 in items and gift cards to The Samaritan Inn.
- Built Disaster Kits under $200 for rapid distribution of aid during a crisis.
- Donated $5,000 to the Children's Advocacy Center of Collin County to become part of the Guardian Angel Society.
- Donated $2,500 donation to Hope's Door.
- Donated $5,000 to the North Texas Food Bank.
- Donated $3,600 in cash and 1,718 lbs. of food (equivalent to 3,323 meals) to Minnie's Food Pantry.
- Donated $5,000 to the National Association of REALTORS® Relief Fund.
- Served as a $250 event sponsor for the LGBTQ Real Estate Alliance.
- Contributed $1,000 to the Texas Ramp Project, as well as aided in building the ramp.
To support NTRIAF on NTX Giving Day visit www.northtexasgivingday.org/CCAR.