When you're sick, you go to the doctor. When your car breaks down, you go to a mechanic. The point is that we always turn to professionals when we find ourselves in need of advice. Why should buying a home be any different? There are many reasons why you should work with a real estate agent during the home buying/selling process, but let us give you just a few!
- Knowledge. Your agent will have a good understanding of the market value and trends in your area and current real estate laws that might affect your transaction. REALTORS® are constantly educating themselves on updates regarding all things real estate.
- Connections. Typically, a REALTOR® has many contacts in their network that could help their clients. This might include lenders, title companies, home repair, lawn services, etc. They're like the internet for home services!
- Expanded search power. REALTORS® use Multiple Listing Service (MLS) networks, a database of homes, and all their details. This helps in your search for the perfect home by narrowing down homes that fit your situation.
- Ethics. All agents are held to a high standard of practice, in which they are to provide fair and unbiased service to everyone. Just ask any REALTOR® about the Code of Ethics.
- Advocacy. As mentioned before, REALTORS® are constantly keeping up with the latest local, state, and national real estate issues. They are an excellent resource for the need-to-know on the problems that affect homeowners and the politicians who support those issues.
- Continuing Education. Agents must maintain a certain amount of CE every year to keep their licenses active. It's a great way to know that your agent knows the latest information about the paperwork and laws behind your transaction. This makes the process go much smoother.
- Person-to-Person help. In this new digital world we live in, it's nice to rely on a REALTOR® who can give you one-on-one time and attention. You get to work with a real person and not a computer. That makes all the difference.
If we haven't convinced you yet, we invite you to check out www.lonestarhomes.com and chat with one of our REALTORS® personally. We think you'll be happy you did!