The Christy Black Volunteer of the Year Award was created in 2021 to recognize a Collin County Association of REALTORS® (CCAR) member who has made an extraordinary impact on their community through volunteer work.
The individual recipient of this award will receive $500 for their U.S. 501(c)3 nonprofit organization of choice.
- Nominees must be members of CCAR in good standing.
- Nominees should have made a significant impact as a volunteer for a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Eligible activities are not limited to real estate or housing issues and may include volunteer work done overseas.
- Nominees should have made a significant contribution of personal time, but contributions of money, materials, or other resources will be considered by the judges as well.
- Nominees will be judged on level of personal contribution, impact of personal contribution, broadness of impact, and the project's suitability as a role model for other members.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not association- or company-wide efforts. However, if an individual within a company can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible. If the achievements of two people (such as a married couple or co-founders of an organization) absolutely cannot be separated, they can enter as a pair and their entry will be considered as one.
- Some portion of the nominee's community work must have taken place during the two calendar years prior to the award being presented, but judges will also consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
- Nominees should be able to document the results of their individual involvement though published reports and/or testimonials from the organization they served or the people they helped.
- Applications must be completed and submitted online. Members may nominate themselves or may be nominated by someone else.
- The application deadline is on or about 45 days prior to the annual CCAR Installation of Officer and Directors.
- The judges will be comprised of a majority of the CCAR Executive Committee, Chair of the Community Outreach Committee, and the President of the North Texas REALTORS® in Action Foundation, who are in office during the calendar year of which the award is presented.
To nominate yourself or someone you know, visit https://members.ccar.net/christy-black-award.
The Christy Black Volunteer of the Year Award's primary sponsor is the North Texas REALTORS® in Action Foundation (NTRIAF), which is owned and operated by the Collin County Association of REALTORS®, Inc. (CCAR).
In Honor of Christy Black
September 1966 – February 2021